Thursday, February 14, 2013

Amazon Contest - Round Two!

So the list of people who passed round one of Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award contest and are going on to round two was announced yesterday, and I was on it! They will announce the names of the people going on to round three on March 12th.

I've also been toying with the idea of writing a cookbook for over 2 years. I have decided that I will start simple and do a book just about dumplings. I have already compiled a list of 20 dumpling recipes and have started test cooking and photographing. My goal is to compile 30 dumpling recipes, along with recipes for the dumpling wrapper and dipping sauces. Hopefully I will have this done and ready for sale in just a couple of months since I am planning only doing an e version at first. If it does well, I will consider doing a print run.

I didn't get any new newspapers sign up for my column (*sadface*), but I am still writing some pretty great column pieces and I've been posting more teasers for them on my LinkedIn profile where a lot of editors have added me as a contact. Hopefully that will get me some attention. If you are on LinkedIn, be sure to endorse my skills. I would really appreciate it.

I've also started working on a WWII novel and have been sketching out plans for my graphic novel series. I have lots of irons in the fire, just hope some of them start coming to life soon.

Looks delicious, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment